Monday, June 8, 2009

getting the wheels turning

im starting to realize more and more, that i need to be more proactive in my own life. more involved, more concerned, more invested. it's just me, little ol' me. it took me til now to be able to wrap my head around that concept. there is no road map, no set of rules, just my heart, soul, dreams, and me.
the good news in all of this is that i know where my heart is, i know what my dreams are and i know that i am 100% capable.
this last year has tested me in ways i never dreamed. and im proud to say that i have survived and come out a better person afterall. there is nothing like a hard dose of reality to get you motivated.
i applied for financial aid this morning, chances are with my 2008 tax return looking as shabby as it does, i will actually qualify for once in my life. fall sememster starts in august. financial aid or not, i will be attending.
life is constantly going to be challenging me with setbacks and roadblocks and obstacles, its just part of the journey. i challenge myself to learn from it all, and to never give up, and most importantly....enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment